Friday, September 11, 2026

Advanced full colour 3D printing


Introduction
I happened to stumble across a YouTube video about full colour 3D printing, that amazed me, because during the interview of this video many intricate details about the science behind this printing process emerged, of which I knew absolutely nothing. The amazing thing was in the slew of details that I would never have imagined to be the foundation of the process - the difference between 2D and 3D printing, the colour application, building of objects in three dimensions, including the profound depth of the thinking and software development behind the 3D printing process. To understand what I am writing about here I would strongly recommend to watch the video, that can be seen by clicking the above link and I believe that anyone, that is not working in the inner circle of this technical printer industry will be amazed as well.


HeyGears 2D and 3D colour printers



The printing machines
The video informs about the development and production of the HeyGears G1 and G1X UV printers (the latter of which is the 3D version) and I assume that HeyGears competition has had to deal with similar problems, even though they may have resolved the problems they encountered in different ways to market viable products. As the CEO and engineers of HeyGears explained, this new technology still is in its infant stage, which does not mean that the products they have placed in the market are anything less than mind boggling already. The sell at an unbelievably low price, bearing in mind the printers' magnificent functions and the inks they sell, that is available in one liter bottles are 50% cheaper than that of other print companies.... In addition, HeyGears market is not limited to producing 2D and 3D printers for the home consumer market, but they have also developed and sold products for the dental industry, that has a 60% (!) market share in China, while its American and European markets are also growing rapidly. And beyond those sections of the markets they are investigating additional markets as well.


The essence of the development
What really struck me is the essence of how the HeyGears engineers went about the development and testing phase, that took place before they decided to produce the printers. The nature of this process is taking into account the many complex aspects that are behind an excellent printing process - the intricate colour control that is different for 2D and 3D printers, the way resolved building the 3D layers, paying attention to ensure that colours remain realistic, making sure that maintenance is easy and automated to a great extend and the offering of very capable printers and inks, that are sold at incredibly low prices. That must have been a humongous task that they have employed with sheer excellence. This profound and detailed train of thought in principle is applicable to many other fields that require clear thinking and a focussed dedication. I will bear in mind this essential principle in experiencing many situations that I encounter in life. The way in which HeyGears approached the creation of these machines and inks, is the magnificent core that I have learned from watching the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment